This Mama Needs a Spa Day!




I'm thinking some day, not too far in the future, when my son is no longer nursing and 100% dependent on me... I'm going to leave him and my husband alone for a weekend while I go treat myself! After mentioning this to Raph, he exclaimed in a slightly higher pitch, "You're going to leave us for 3 days?!". Yes, yes I am! They'll figure it out. 😄

Tranquility|Rejuvenate|Acupuncture|Yoga|Strolls on the beach|Deep-soak
These are a few of the words I want to find in my wellness retreat and they can all be found and then some at Shou Sugi Ban House; located in none other than, the Hamptons!  This woman run and founded business is "inspired by the Japanese principles of wabi-sabi and a spirit of openness and exploration". They are sustainable: geothermal heating and cooling systems, solar panels, responsible landscaping, and bio dynamic gardens.. They are philanthropic: beach and trail cleanups and purchase of fresh, organic produce from local farms, to name a few. Overall, they strive to bring the community together to live and thrive with the environment.

Please, just take my money now! It really warms my heart to read of such a responsible business. I get discouraged sometimes but when I remember to expand my horizons, I find gems like Shou Sugi Ban House. I know a lot of small business owners are starting to catch on already but just a reminder that customers are more likely to purchase from a company that gives back. Giving is a basic human need and we all feel better when we do it! Currently, my Life Trek Fitness Company gave 100% of proceeds raised from virtual classes this past spring to the University of NC's Newborn Critical Care Center Family Advisory Board to provide food for the mom's there. My Dream Vacations franchise will be looking for an environmental protection organization to donate to; something like Green Peace or WWF but on a local level.

Now let's talk about how to get you in to this exclusive, 13 room retreat! I reached out to Shou Ban House directly and am happy to offer 20% off a Custom Stay for my clients or myself! Rates differ slightly month to month but for example, August is $1,250/night (single occupancy) or $1,450/night (double occupancy). The Custom Stay includes:
  • Accommodations in a Guest Studio with fireplace and garden patio
  • Seasonal breakfast
  • Organic Japanese in-room amenities and nightly seasonal soak
  • Daily movement class
The House is also right next to a winery and of course New York City so there are a lot of possibilities to create a custom dream vacation!
To learn more or book your dream vacation, visit my website here!

Comments